In today’s world, artificial intelligence (AI) can be employed to assist with writing articles or any other forms of text. Most AI writers are capable of understanding your instructions, much like humans do. For instance, you can ask an AI writer to “create an outline for a blog post about cats,” and you will receive a comprehensive plan for your upcoming article.
AI writing assistants can help combat writer’s block and expedite the writing process. When used properly, they can boost your productivity and efficiency, allowing you to focus on research or other essential tasks. The most straightforward approach to start utilizing AI is to experiment with various writing aid tools. Read articles and guides like this one to discover practical use cases that could streamline your work and save you time and money.
In this article, we will discuss ChatGPT as an AI writing assistant. Crafting daily blog posts can be challenging, but with ChatGPT by your side, you’ll generate content in no time. The fear of a blank page becomes a thing of the past, and your productivity will soar. Get ready to be amazed by the power of writing support provided by ChatGPT.
Table of Contents
How to write a blog post with ChatGPT?
Step 1: Use ChatGPT for Inspiration
It’s common to hit a mental block when trying to write an article. That’s where artificial intelligence can come in handy. Ask ChatGPT to suggest topics or subtopics for your article. For example, let’s say we used ChatGPT to generate meditation post related ideas.
However, be sure to research the topics thoroughly! Avoid choosing a topic that’s too competitive and won’t appear in Google search results.
Step 2: Develop an Outline
You can ask ChatGPT to create the structure of your article, just as you asked it to generate ideas for your content. Let’s choose one of the meditation related topics from the previous step and ask ChatGPT to outline it.
The next step is to ask ChatGPT to write each point of your plan. While it’s possible to create an entire blog post using only artificial intelligence, we intentionally didn’t do so. We’ll explain why later in this article.
Step 3: Reframe the Content
Did ChatGPT write a sentence that seems dull or clumsy? To enhance the readability of your article, ask it to rephrase your text. See how ChatGPT was able to adapt the phrase:
Of course, ChatGPT can’t improve your message if it’s already confusing. Make sure that the text contains all necessary information to use the tool effectively for reframing your text. It can’t read your mind!
Step 4: Write Meta Descriptions and Titles
Make sure that the meta title and description of your article are appealing. Users are more likely to click on your content in search results if you follow this approach. Consider the title and meta description as a mini advertisement for your article. They help your article stand out from other search engine result pages. Finding a concise yet compelling title or meta description can be challenging at times.
This is where ChatGPT can come in handy. Simply ask it to create a meta description and title for your article. To start, ask for a large number of examples. Also, avoid blindly adhering to the terms suggested by the AI. If needed, make adjustments and modifications. Also, make sure that the meta information is brief enough to fit into the search results box. The meta description in the example above is a bit too long.
Step 5: Polish the Work
It’s almost done! Now that you have the structure and content of your article, it’s time to do some editing.
Read your article aloud and improve its flow. It should be engaging and enjoyable to read, and most importantly, it should answer the reader’s questions.
Additional tips to write a blog post with ChatGPT
Additional Tips for Crafting an Article with ChatGPT:
- Pick an engaging topic: Select a subject that will captivate your target audience and be relevant to them. Keep it captivating. Even if you’re not writing a script with ChatGPT, your topic should be intriguing.
- Research and gather data: Collect pertinent facts and figures to support your claims.
- Outline your article: To keep your writing organized and focused, create a blueprint for your piece.
- Craft a compelling headline: Your headline is the first thing people will see, so make sure it’s outstanding and encourages clicks.
- Keep it concise: Blog posts should be brief and easy to read. Use subheadings and smaller paragraphs to make reading easier.
- Add relevant photos and videos to your article to break up the text and increase engagement. You can create original artwork for your blog using AI image generators.
- Write in an appealing style: Compose in an engaging and conversational manner. Avoid overly formal or technical terminology.
- Conclude by encouraging readers to take action by leaving a comment or sharing your content on social media.
- Proofread and edit: Before publishing your content, make sure to review and revise it. Ensure your message is understandable and free of language or spelling errors.
- Promote your article: Share it on social media and other websites to reach a broader audience.
Challenges Associated with ChatGPT-Assisted Writing
After learning how to apply ChatGPT to writing, let’s discuss its drawbacks. One of the main shortcomings of AI is that it cannot (yet) reason. Therefore, it cannot conduct original research. You need to add value to the reading experience of your audience if you want your content to rank well in search engines.
You won’t satisfy your readers if you don’t offer something new. In other words, your articles won’t be ranked by search engines. We’ve categorized the challenges related to writing articles with ChatGPT into several groups.
Let’s examine them more closely:
- ChatGPT cannot (yet) think: AI writing tools are not thinking machines. AI is nothing more than a mathematical formula that accepts inputs and produces outputs. Of course, this is a highly complex function with millions of lines of code, but it is far from being as intelligent as a human. The AI algorithm predicts the best outcomes based on your data. In a way, if the solution turns out to be correct, it’s a statistical coincidence. However, since AI has been trained on countless trillions of human-written pages, it “knows” the majority of answers to fundamental questions. Consequently, AI’s access to information could be much faster than researching on Google.
- ChatGPT makes mistakes: ChatGPT is fallible. Unfortunately, it does so in an undetectable and persuasive manner. There’s no guarantee that the data is accurate or even close to accuracy. The likelihood of AI making errors increases with the amount of information available on a subject. AI has been conditioned to appear convincing, for the worse. It can make false claims that are difficult to detect unless well-informed on the subject.
- ChatGPT lacks human experience: This dilemma and the problem of “AI cannot (yet) think” are closely related. AI is nothing more than a simple mathematical model compared to human intelligence. It has no prior knowledge. Instead, it’s taught to anticipate outcomes based on the data it receives. For example, if you ask AI to summarize what has been said a million times online in a Jasper AI review, it does so quite well. But since it hasn’t used the tool and doesn’t even know what it is, it cannot add a new perspective to the article. This is the fundamental problem when writing with AI. The portion requiring research and experience must be completed by you. There’s no doubt that AI can help you refine, summarize, or enhance the experiences you share with it. However, using AI will not allow you to make original contributions.
- AI may sometimes plagiarize: Even if AI creates original content, it might not always do so. It could resort to copying and pasting text if it misinterprets your intended meaning, instead of creating new content. You don’t want to write articles by plagiarizing someone else’s work, so this is a significant issue. Verify that the AI-generated content is not plagiarized before publishing. There’s no foolproof method for doing this, but free software like Grammarly can provide extremely reliable results.
Artificial intelligence is on the rise, and it’s advancing rapidly. It can now quickly create text resembling human writing due to recent advancements in natural language processing. These AI tools have countless applications, and they continue to improve.
Thanks to AI, you can already automate some of your writing and content creation processes. It can be used to generate ideas for blog post topics and outlines, as well as to rework certain sections. Remember to use AI responsibly. It lacks human experience and cannot offer something new. It can only summarize what it has discovered online.