Recently, OpenAI granted third-party developers access to the ChatGPT API, allowing them to integrate this neural network-based bot into their projects. For Telegram bots, this has proven useful, as it’s much easier to chat with the artificial intelligence via regular messaging rather than on a website.
OpenAI charges for the use of the ChatGPT API, so Telegram bots using the api are usually paid for at the expense of users. Nevertheless, free versions exist and although they are small, using several ChatGPT bots allows to handle dozens of complex requests daily via Telegram.
Telegram bots use the ChatGPT infrastructure made available to developers, so communicating with them is no different from a normal conversation on the official ChatGPT website. Several languages are supported, but the most accurate and detailed results are usually obtained in English.
It is important to note that ChatGPT can sometimes provide unverified and unreliable answers, so it is advised not to rely on it without further verification, especially when answering important questions.
Table of Contents
Method 1: Chatbots integrating ChatGPT on Telegram:
Search Telegram for a bot that uses the ChatGPT API. There are many bots available, each with its own features and specifications. You can find them by using Telegram’s search function and typing in terms such as “ChatGPT” or “GPT bot”.
- ChatGPTBot: 20.000 free tokens per day
- ChatGPT_karfly : 1500 free tokens
- ChatGPT 10.000 tokens per day for free
- GPT Chatbot: 20,000 free tokens per week
- ChatGPT Bot: 50.000 free tokens per week
What are tokens?
Tokens are used as a unit of measurement for the OpenAI api. Indeed, 1 token represents approximately 4 characters of the Latin alphabet, taking into account incoming and outgoing messages. If the operating mode requires the AI to remember the context of the conversation, i.e. to retain several recent messages in memory, this leads to a higher expenditure of tokens than a mode in which each new request does not depend on previous ones.
Method 2: Using ChatGPT on Telegram with Roger da Vinci
Another way to use ChatGPT on Telegram is through the Roger Da Vinci tool
For that, visit the official Roger Da Vinci website on your device, once on the site, press the “Use with Telegram” button to get started. Note that you also have the option to use it on Whatsapp.
- The bot will now automatically send a startup message with a disclaimer to sign up, then click on the link shown to get the signup form.
- Fill in the required information and click on the “Sign Up” button.
- Once the registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation message authorizing you to access the site.
- Simply press “OK” to return to Telegram and start using ChatGPT.
Method 3: Use the ChatGPTonTelegram service.
ChatGPTontelegram is another service that allows you to chat with ChatGPT via Telegram
Go to the tool’s website and click on “Get started for Free” to start using it via the Telegram app.
Method 4: Deploy your own bot with the ChatGPT API
This method consists in deploying your own telegram bot by yourself with the ChatGPT api, you will find on github many pre-coded projects accompanied by a step by step guide to configure and upload a bot on Telegram. One of the most popular being the ChatGPT Telegram Bot by user karfly on Github.
The features of this bot include:
- Low response latency (about 3 to 5 seconds)
- No request limits
- GPT-4 support
- Voice message recognition
- Multiple chat modes: 👩🏼🎓 Assistant, 👩🏼💻 Code Assistant, 📝 Text Improver and 🎬 Movie Expert. You can
- ChatGPT API support
- List of authorized Telegram users
- Track the balance of $ spent on the OpenAI API
The integration of ChatGPT into Telegram provides an enhanced user experience and smoother interaction with artificial intelligence. By following the steps mentioned above, you can take advantage of this innovative technology to get answers to your questions and queries. However, keep in mind the limitations and precautions necessary for a safe and responsible experience.